Thompson Shipping Lines (TSL) is a pure vessel ownership company, established in 2018 by Seacorp's Owner and Managing Director Craig Thompson, on the back of our flagship acquisition of MV “TSL Rosemary” a 2012 Japanese built, open-hatch/box hold bulk carrier of 33,179mt deadweight.
Our vision is to target only modern, quality built, second-hand dry bulk vessels at competitive prices and market them to reputable counterparts for periods of up to five (5) years.
We have strategically targeted the Handysize segment for our current and future acquisitions for a number of reasons, the most significant being outlined hereunder:
- Historically the most stable sector of the dry bulk shipping market;
- Versatility and cargo optionality accessible through the vessel sizes and specifications;
- The only sector to experience negative growth in recent years;
- Limited availability of newbuild slots, at quality shipyards; and
- Relative discount of five-year-old unit versus newbuild contracts being c.40%
It is our aim to cement TSL’s position as a niche, quality tonnage provider for the Handysize sector in the medium to long term with aspirations to add to our fleet.